The Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) Marketplace
This is a great solution if you have one full time W-2 employee (other than the owner and immediate family)
To offer health insurance to your employees through the Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) Marketplace, your business or non-profit organization must:
- Have 50 or fewer full-time equivalent employees (FTEs)
- Your company must have at least 1 FTE employee other than owners, spouses and other family members of owners, and partners.
- Offer coverage to all full-time employees — generally workers averaging 30 or more hours per week
- You don’t have to offer coverage to part-time employees — generally those averaging less than 30 hours per week or seasonal workers. (You can offer coverage to part-timers if you want to.)
- Enroll at least 75% of the employees you offer insurance to
- Employees with other health coverage aren’t counted as rejecting your offer.
- If you don’t meet your minimum participation requirement, you can enroll between November 15 and December 15 any year. During this time the participation requirement isn’t enforced.
FYI: Self-employed with no employees? Visit the Our Page for Health Insurance for Individuals & Families. The SHOP Marketplace is for business with at least one full-time equivalent (FTE) employee other than owners, partners, or family members. Learn about coverage if you’re self-employed.